Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
- People/Organizations: Old Dominion University. Department of Art X
- Artists--United States 2
- Photographers--United States 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 2
- Art historians--United States 1
- Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- College of William and Mary. Norfolk Division 1
- Davis, Samuel 1
- Dreyer, Wallace (1923-1995) 1
- Jackson, A.B. (Alexander Brooks) (1925-1981) 1
- Jaffe, Alice Rice (1888-1950) 1
- Jaffe, Louis I.(Louis Isaac) (1888-1950) 1
- Lesley, Everett Parker, Jr. (1913-1982) 1
- Norfolk College of William and Mary 1
- Norfolk Museum of Arts and Sciences (Va.) 1
- Rice, Henry 1
- Webb, Louis 1 ∧ less
Alexander Brooks “A.B.” Jackson began teaching in the Art department in 1967 as the school's first black faculty member. The contents of this collection include photographs taken and collected by Jackson of miscellaneous subjects, as well as photographs of his artwork and excerpts from his poetry.
Includes assorted reports, newspaper articles and correspondence, etc. relating to Hampton Roads history and Old Dominion University's early history as Norfolk Division of William and Mary College. Contains material from Jaffe's family including her husband, journalist Louis I. Jaffe, her father, Colonel Henry Rice and ancestor, Captain Samuel Davis.
Collection consists of a large number of photo slides related to his expertise in Byzantine Art and Architecture, as well as printed material, documentation of travels abroad, correspondence and photographs.