Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Equal rights amendments--United States 1
- Judges--Virginia 1
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 1
- McNamara, Thomas R. (1925-) 1
- State Water Control Board (Va.) 1
- Stephens, Allie Edward Stokes (1900-1973) 1
- Virginia Municipal League 1
- Virginia. State Crime Commission 1
- Walker, Stanley Clay (1923-2001) 1 ∧ less
Served in the Virginia General Assembly as a member of the House of Delegates (1968-1971) and the Senate (1972-1976). Consists of records of his service in the General Assembly, 1968-1976, including publications of state agencies and correspondence as member of the State Water Control Board.
Served in both the House of Delegates (1929-1941) and the State Senate (1941-1952), and as Lieutenant Governor (1952-1961). Ran unsuccessfully for the Democratic nomination for Governor in 1961 against Albertis Harrison. Centers around this unsuccessful campaign and contains papers focusing on the issue of Massive Resistance to integration, dating to the early 1950s.
Served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1964 to 1971, and had been a State Senator since 1972. Papers chiefly relate to his service in the General Assembly, notably his service as Chairman of the State Crime Commission.