Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Gynecologists--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Housing--United States 1
- Housing--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Mayors--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Andrews, Mason Cooke (1919-2006) 1
- Cox, Lawrence Morgan, Sr. (1912-2002) 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical Authority 1
- Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority 1
- United States. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development 1
Physician, former city council member and mayor of Norfolk. Served on Norfolk city council from 1974 to 2000 and as the city’s mayor from 1992-1994. Was instrumental in the development of the Eastern Virginia Medical School complex and the redevelopment of downtown Norfolk. The collection includes personal, business, and political papers.
Served as the Executive Director of the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority (NRHA) from 1941-1969 and, thereafter, as Assistant Secretary for Renewal and Housing Assistance in the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) during Nixon’s administration. Collection chiefly consists of the records accumulated during his service with the NRHA and HUD.