Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
- World War, 1939-1945 5
- Korean War, 1950-1953--Veterans 2
- Admirals--United States 1
- Artists--United States 1
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- Legislators--United States 1
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 1
- United States--Politics and Government--1945-1989 1
- United States. Army. Infantry, 506th 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Veterans 1
- Virginia--Politics and government 1
- War artists--United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Veterans 1
- letters (correspondence) 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- Aison, Howard B. (Howard Bertram) (1920-1997) 1
- Ambrose, Herbert 1
- Ansel, Walter C. (1897-1977) 1
- Babalas, Peter K. (1922-1987) 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Whitehurst, G. William (1925-) 1
- Withers, George (1911-1959) 1 ∧ less
Aison was a career Army officer who served in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. This collection primarily relates to his service in these wars. Includes correspondence, photographs, citations, orders, diaries and recollections, unit histories, artifacts, and maps.
The collection includes letters written by Sergeant Herbert Ambrose while he worked in the 506 United States Army Infantry Postal Unit during World War II. Most of the letters are written by Ambrose to his parents about his daily life from various locations throughout the war including Boston, Scotland, Southern England, France, and Germany.
Collection deals primarily with Admiral Walter C. Ansel's research on German operations during World War III resulting in two books, Hitler Confronts England and Hitler and the Middle Sea. Of note is extensive correspondence with German officers, many of which are in German.
Represented the 5th District in the Virginia State Senate from 1967-1987. Collection primarily relates to his service in the State Senate from 1972-1979.
G. William Whitehurst was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives from Virginia’s Second District in 1968. Member of the House Armed Services Committee, Committee on Intelligence and Ethics Committee. Consists of nineteen bound Congressional dairies spanning from 1969 to 1986. Six scrap books consisting of newspaper clippings, magazines, pictures and other documents relating to Doctor William Whitehurst’s tenure in the House of Representatives.