Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- photographs 2
- Arts--Virginia 1
- Arts--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) 1
- Battle of, Galveston, Tex., 1863 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Hampton 1
- Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)--History, Military 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Assassination 1
- Nonprofit organizations--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) 1
- Old Dominion University--Faculty 1
- Orchestral music--Virginia 1
- Orchestral musicians--Virginia 1
- Sherman's March to the Sea 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Naval operations 1
- United States. Army. Infantry, 506th 1
- United States. Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands 1
- United States. Navy--History 1
- United States. Navy--Officers 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 1
- administrative reports 1
- programs (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Ambrose, Herbert 1
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads 1
- Galindo, Raymond 1
- Hewins, Charles E. (1841-1927) 1
- Spencer, Warren 1
- United States. Army. Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 42nd 1
- Virginia Symphony 1
- Whittle family 1 ∧ less
Herbert Ambrose Letters
The collection includes letters written by Sergeant Herbert Ambrose while he worked in the 506 United States Army Infantry Postal Unit during World War II. Most of the letters are written by Ambrose to his parents about his daily life from various locations throughout the war including Boston, Scotland, Southern England, France, and Germany.
Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads Records
The collection contains materials concerning the activities of the Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads, whose mission was to stimulate cultural vitality and to facilitate the development of healthy and dynamic cultural institutions throughout the region.. Records consist of reports, meeting minutes, grant applications and materials, correspondence, newspaper clippings, announcements, brochures, newsletters, directories, and photographs from 1972-2018.
Raymond Galindo Papers
The collection contains letters written by Raymond Galindo, of Staten Island, New York, to his parents while serving in the United States Navy in the post-World War II era. The letters discuss his day to day life in the Navy including training at Camp Peary, Virginia and working in the kitchen. Galindo eventually served on the USS Taconic (AGC-17) command ship. Most of the letters contain the original envelopes and two photographs are also included.
Charles E. Hewins Papers
Relates primarily to Captain Charles E. Hewins (1841-1927), a Union soldier who settled in Hampton, Virginia after the war. Contains correspondence, and Civil War military papers documenting his activities in the Civil War and Reconstruction.
Warren Spencer Collection
This collection contains a draft and an original manuscript of the Whittle Papers, original letters, and photocopies of original documents (with transcriptions), notes, books, and a copy of a photograph of Lt. William Conway Whittle. The collection was assembled by Warren Spencer, professor of history at Old Dominion University.
Virginia Symphony Orchestra Records
Consists of the Virginia Symphony Orchestra organizational archives, the Virginia Symphony Board archives, artifacts concerning premieres and other notable performances, and season programs.