Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
- Arts--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) 1
- Nonprofit organizations--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) 1
- United States. Navy--History 1
- United States. Navy--Officers 1
- administrative reports 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads 1
- Galindo, Raymond 1
The collection contains materials concerning the activities of the Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads, whose mission was to stimulate cultural vitality and to facilitate the development of healthy and dynamic cultural institutions throughout the region.. Records consist of reports, meeting minutes, grant applications and materials, correspondence, newspaper clippings, announcements, brochures, newsletters, directories, and photographs from 1972-2018.
The collection contains letters written by Raymond Galindo, of Staten Island, New York, to his parents while serving in the United States Navy in the post-World War II era. The letters discuss his day to day life in the Navy including training at Camp Peary, Virginia and working in the kitchen. Galindo eventually served on the USS Taconic (AGC-17) command ship. Most of the letters contain the original envelopes and two photographs are also included.