Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 1
- Power and Influence in a Colonial City 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Naval operations 1
- Virginia--Politics and government 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- Assembly on the Dimensions of Hunger and Malnutrition 1
- Haugh, James Bertram 1
- Old Dominion University. Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice 1
- Spencer, Warren 1
- Whittle family 1
James Bertram Haugh Papers
Old Dominion University Sociology Professor. Received his Ph.D. from the University of Akron in 1978. Author of the book, "Power and Influence in a Southern City." Based on his doctoral thesis, the book explores the power structure of a "Colonial City", which is actually the city of Norfolk, Virginia. The collection relates mainly to his thesis. It includes rough drafts, notes, tapes and transcripts of interviews with prominent Norfolk figures in 1978.
Warren Spencer Collection
This collection contains a draft and an original manuscript of the Whittle Papers, original letters, and photocopies of original documents (with transcriptions), notes, books, and a copy of a photograph of Lt. William Conway Whittle. The collection was assembled by Warren Spencer, professor of history at Old Dominion University.