Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
- Topic: Arts--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) X
- Acting 1
- Nonprofit organizations--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) 1
- Nonprofit organizations--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Theater 1
- Theatrical companies--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- administrative reports 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- photographs 1
- programs (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads 1
- Virginia Stage Company 1
The collection contains materials concerning the activities of the Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads, whose mission was to stimulate cultural vitality and to facilitate the development of healthy and dynamic cultural institutions throughout the region.. Records consist of reports, meeting minutes, grant applications and materials, correspondence, newspaper clippings, announcements, brochures, newsletters, directories, and photographs from 1972-2018.
Originally founded as the Norfolk Theater Center in 1968 and later renamed in 1978, the Virginia Stage Company is Hampton Roads only professional theater company. The VSC produces six plays per year running from September through April. In addition to theater productions, the organization provides educational and community engagement programs including student matinees, in-school tours, workshops, and a summer theater camp.