Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
- Topic: Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk X
- Community Collections 11
- University Archives 1
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 6
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 5
- Virginia--Politics and government 5
- Businessmen--Virginia--Norfolk 2
- Equal rights amendments--United States 2
- Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Authors--United States 1
- Automobile dealers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- City treasurers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Composers 1
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Italian-Americans 1
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 1
- Mayors--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Old Dominion University--Buildings and grounds 1
- Old Dominion University--Student discipline 1
- Pharmacists--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Playwrights 1
- Public schools--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Real estate agents--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Rock music--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- School closings--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- School integration--Massive resistance movement 1
- School integration--Virginia--Norfolk--History--20th century 1
- Sound recording executives and procedures 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1
- audiovisual materials 1 ∧ less
- Italian 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 3
- Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 3
- American Basketball Association 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Caplan, Paul Glasser (1918-2003) 1
- Cooper, Bettie Minette 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical School 1
- First Presbyterian Church of Norfolk (Va.) 1
- Fitzpatrick, Joseph Thomas (1929-2006) 1
- Freedom Automotive (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Guida, Carmela T. (1924-2008) 1
- Guida, Frank (1922-2007) 1
- Harrison, Edythe C. (1934-) 1
- Hill, Irvine B. (1927-) 1
- Howard, James A. (1918-) 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald) (1917-1963) 1
- Norfolk Chamber of Commerce 1
- Norfolk International Airport (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Norfolk Port and Industrial Authority 1
- Norfolk School Board (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Old Dominion College. Intercollegiate Foundation 1
- Old Dominion University. Board of Visitors 1
- Phillips Automotive Inc. 1
- Phillips, George Conoly (1931-2020) 1
- Robertson, Pat (1930-) 1
- Rockmasters International Network Inc. 1
- Schweitzer, Paul T. (1903-1976) 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1
- Virginia Port Authority 1
- Virginia Squires 1
- Virginia Zoo (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Virginia. State Crime Commission 1
- Walker, Stanley Clay (1923-2001) 1
- White, J. Warren, Jr. (1916-1985) 1
- Wright, W. Randy (1946-) 1
- Young Audiences of Virginia 1 ∧ less
The collection contains programs of the Virginia Squires basketball team, from 1970 to 1976, and Young Audiences correspondence.
This collection consists of political documents, correspondence, clippings, artifacts, and other items pertaining to the career of Joseph T. Fitzpatrick.
The collection contains administrative documents, publications, articles, research materials, technical manuals, photographs, audio-visual items, and recording equipment in regard to Frank J. Guida, his community service, creative endeavors and his work in creating the “Norfolk Sound.” Most of the material dates from the 1960s to the 1980s.
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.
Irvine B. Hill has been a prominent broadcasting executive, politician, and civic leader in Norfolk, Virginia for over 40 years. This collection is made up of newspaper clippings during Hill’s time as Norfolk mayor and city councilman, as well as photographs, correspondence and scrapbooks.
Member of the Board of Visitors of Old Dominion University (1962-1971) and the Board of Directors of the Old Dominion University Intercollegiate Foundation. Consists of papers accumulated during his service on these two boards. Noteworthy material includes the Child Study Clinic, dormitories, the President's Home, the Physical Education Building, speaker regulations, and student disturbances.
Norfolk City Council member. Served as President of the United Drug Abuse Council and was active in the Inter-Christian Fellowship, the Christian Broadcasting Network, and the United Community Fund. Documents his activities in politics, business and civic affairs.
Norfolk businessman and member of the Norfolk School Board (1952-1960) and City Council (1960-1968) during the Massive Resistance crisis. Includes correspondence, legal documents, newspapers clippings, scrapbooks and photographs that primarily document his activities during Norfolk’s desegregation crisis.
Served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1964 to 1971, and had been a State Senator since 1972. Papers chiefly relate to his service in the General Assembly, notably his service as Chairman of the State Crime Commission.
Represented Norfolk in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1962 to 1979. Includes legislative correspondence, records, and reference material relating to his service in the Virginia House of Delegates.