Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 2
- Virginia--Politics and government 2
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953--Veterans 1
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Virginia--Politics and government--1865-1950 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Yiddish 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 2
- Babalas, Peter K. (1922-1987) 1
- Banks, Benjamin A. (1884-1974) 1
- Harrison, Edythe C. (1934-) 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. Senate 1 ∧ less
Peter Kostas Babalas Papers
Represented the 5th District in the Virginia State Senate from 1967-1987. Collection primarily relates to his service in the State Senate from 1972-1979.
Benjamin A. Banks Papers
Lawyer and prominent member of the Norfolk Jewish community. Served on the Norfolk Board of Aldermen (1908-1911) and in the Virginia House of Delegates (1911-1913). Active in local, state and national politics. Includes personal and political correspondence, scrapbooks, letters to the editor, and photographs.
Edythe C. Harrison Papers
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.