Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
- Topic: Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century X
- Community Collections 10
- University Archives 1
- Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century 5
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 4
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 3
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 2
- Housing--United States 2
- Housing--Virginia--Norfolk 2
- Mayors--Virginia--Norfolk 2
- Virginia--Politics and government 2
- Amusement park owners--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Amusement parks--Virginia--Norfolk--History 1
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (Va.) 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Gynecologists--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)--History, Military 1
- Jamestown (Va.) Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Jamestown Ter-centennial Exposition (1907) 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953--Veterans 1
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Ocean View Amusement Park (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Old Dominion University--History 1
- Optometrists--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Physicians--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- School integration--Massive resistance movement 1
- Tunnels--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) 1
- Virginia--Politics and government--1865-1950 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 1
- film reels 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- videocassettes 1 ∧ less
- Yiddish 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 3
- Cox, Lawrence Morgan, Sr. (1912-2002) 2
- Eastern Virginia Medical School 2
- Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority 2
- Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 2
- Andrews, Mason Cooke (1919-2006) 1
- Babalas, Peter K. (1922-1987) 1
- Banks, Benjamin A. (1884-1974) 1
- Cooper, Dudley (1899-1996) 1
- Copper, Cheryl 1
- Duckworth, W. Fred (1899-1972) 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical Authority 1
- Harrison, Edythe C. (1934-) 1
- Lee, Marvin (1921-) 1
- MacArthur Memorial 1
- MacArthur, Douglas 1
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Stanley, Thomas B. (Thomas Bahnson) (1890-1970) 1
- Town-N-Gown (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- United States. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. Senate 1 ∧ less
Consists of material related to the first Episcopal Church in North America, which was exhibited in the 1907 Exposition.
Physician, former city council member and mayor of Norfolk. Served on Norfolk city council from 1974 to 2000 and as the city’s mayor from 1992-1994. Was instrumental in the development of the Eastern Virginia Medical School complex and the redevelopment of downtown Norfolk. The collection includes personal, business, and political papers.
Represented the 5th District in the Virginia State Senate from 1967-1987. Collection primarily relates to his service in the State Senate from 1972-1979.
Lawyer and prominent member of the Norfolk Jewish community. Served on the Norfolk Board of Aldermen (1908-1911) and in the Virginia House of Delegates (1911-1913). Active in local, state and national politics. Includes personal and political correspondence, scrapbooks, letters to the editor, and photographs.
This collection consists of 12 film reels and one VHS tape related to the construction of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, the Fort McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore, Maryland, the Coleman Bridge, and the Transbay Tube in San Fransicso, California. Most of the film reels are 16mm.
Served as the Executive Director of the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority (NRHA) from 1941-1969 and, thereafter, as Assistant Secretary for Renewal and Housing Assistance in the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) during Nixon’s administration. Collection chiefly consists of the records accumulated during his service with the NRHA and HUD.
Mayor of Norfolk (1950-1962). Collection consists of memorabilia, photographs, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and artifacts relating to his political, business and civic activities.
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.
The collection contains an assortment of documents related to Marvin Lee, a professor at Old Dominion University and Public Housing Manager in Norfolk, Virginia. The bulk of the mateial chronicles Lee's career with the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority (NRHA) but also contains personal material as well
Includes correspondence, photographs, legal documents, financial material, brochures, advertisements, news release, and newspaper clippings primarily relating to Ocean View, Seaside, and Seaview amusement parks.
This collection contains minutes and membership directories for the Town-N-Gown, an organization dedicated to fostering good relationships between Old Dominion University, national defense forces (ex. Navy), and the Hampton Roads community.