Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
- Virginia--Politics and government 3
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 2
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 2
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Virginia Beach 1
- Judges--Virginia 1
- Norview High School (Norfolk, Va.)--Sports 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute--Sports 1
- Virginia--Politics and government--1865-1950 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1 ∧ less
- Yiddish 1
- Banks, Benjamin A. (1884-1974) 1
- Harrison, Edythe C. (1934-) 1
- McNamara, Thomas R. (1925-) 1
- Middleton, Beverly Randolph (1928-1996) 1
- State Water Control Board (Va.) 1
- Virginia Municipal League 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. Senate 1 ∧ less
Lawyer and prominent member of the Norfolk Jewish community. Served on the Norfolk Board of Aldermen (1908-1911) and in the Virginia House of Delegates (1911-1913). Active in local, state and national politics. Includes personal and political correspondence, scrapbooks, letters to the editor, and photographs.
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.
Served in the Virginia General Assembly as a member of the House of Delegates (1968-1971) and the Senate (1972-1976). Consists of records of his service in the General Assembly, 1968-1976, including publications of state agencies and correspondence as member of the State Water Control Board.
Engineer and Virginia State Delegate. Served three terms in the Virginia House of Delegates. Most of the collection pertains to his political career. Also included is material related to his days as a student athlete at Norview High School and VPI.