Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
- Virginia--Politics and government 3
- Virginia--Politics and government--1865-1950 3
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 2
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Journalists--United States 1
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Ledger-star 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1 ∧ less
- Yiddish 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 3
- Banks, Benjamin A. (1884-1974) 1
- Harrison, Edythe C. (1934-) 1
- Reilly, Thomas Joseph (1915-1976) 1
- Roberts, James W. (1891-1977) 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1 ∧ less
Benjamin A. Banks Papers
Lawyer and prominent member of the Norfolk Jewish community. Served on the Norfolk Board of Aldermen (1908-1911) and in the Virginia House of Delegates (1911-1913). Active in local, state and national politics. Includes personal and political correspondence, scrapbooks, letters to the editor, and photographs.
Edythe C. Harrison Papers
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.
Thomas Joseph Reilly Papers
Political correspondent for the Norfolk Ledger-Star and Norfolk Ledger-Dispatch for 26 years. Primarily newspaper columns from the Ledger-Star and background material used to research articles.
Colonel James W. Roberts Papers
President and chairman of Henry B. Gilprin, a wholesale drug firm. Served in the General Assembly from 1948-1968, holding a powerful position on the Appropriations Committee. Served on the Norfolk Planning Commission. The bulk of the collection contains legislative correspondence from 1963-1964.