Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
- Topic: Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century X
- Topic: School integration--Virginia--Norfolk--History--20th century X
- Topic: African Americans--Education--Virginia--Norfolk X
- Topic: Gray Commission (Va.) X
- Repository: Community Collections X
- People/Organizations: Norfolk School Board (Norfolk, Va.) X
Pediatrician in Norfolk. Played central role in formation of Norfolk Committee for Public Schools, which opposed the closing of the city’s public schools during the desegregation crisis. Bulk of the material concerns the desegregation of Norfolk’s public schools.