Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 4
- Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century 4
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Mayors--Virginia--Norfolk 2
- Virginia--Politics and government 2
- Virginia--Politics and government--1865-1950 2
- Automobile dealers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Businessmen--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- City treasurers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Gynecologists--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 1
- Physicians--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Public schools--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Race relations--History--20th century 1
- Real estate agents--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- School closings--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- School integration--Massive resistance movement 1
- School integration--Virginia--Norfolk--History--20th century 1
- audiovisual materials 1 ∧ less
- Yiddish 1
- Andrews, Mason Cooke (1919-2006) 1
- Banks, Benjamin A. (1884-1974) 1
- Butler, Hugh Lee (1871-1946) 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical Authority 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical School 1
- First Presbyterian Church of Norfolk (Va.) 1
- Fitzpatrick, Joseph Thomas (1929-2006) 1
- Freedom Automotive (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald) (1917-1963) 1
- Norfolk School Board (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Phillips Automotive Inc. 1
- Phillips, George Conoly (1931-2020) 1
- Robertson, Pat (1930-) 1
- Schweitzer, Paul T. (1903-1976) 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 1
- Wood, Joseph Downing (1867-1959) 1
- Wright, W. Randy (1946-) 1 ∧ less
Mason C. Andrews Papers
Physician, former city council member and mayor of Norfolk. Served on Norfolk city council from 1974 to 2000 and as the city’s mayor from 1992-1994. Was instrumental in the development of the Eastern Virginia Medical School complex and the redevelopment of downtown Norfolk. The collection includes personal, business, and political papers.
Benjamin A. Banks Papers
Lawyer and prominent member of the Norfolk Jewish community. Served on the Norfolk Board of Aldermen (1908-1911) and in the Virginia House of Delegates (1911-1913). Active in local, state and national politics. Includes personal and political correspondence, scrapbooks, letters to the editor, and photographs.
Hugh Lee Butler Papers
Served on the Norfolk City Council from 1902 to 1938. Papers relate to his service on the Norfolk City Council during the Great Depression and as chairman of Local Draft Board No. 1 during World War I.
Joseph T. Fitzpatrick Papers
This collection consists of political documents, correspondence, clippings, artifacts, and other items pertaining to the career of Joseph T. Fitzpatrick.
George Conoly Phillips Papers
Norfolk City Council member. Served as President of the United Drug Abuse Council and was active in the Inter-Christian Fellowship, the Christian Broadcasting Network, and the United Community Fund. Documents his activities in politics, business and civic affairs.
Paul T. Schweitzer Papers
Norfolk businessman and member of the Norfolk School Board (1952-1960) and City Council (1960-1968) during the Massive Resistance crisis. Includes correspondence, legal documents, newspapers clippings, scrapbooks and photographs that primarily document his activities during Norfolk’s desegregation crisis.
Joseph D. Wood Papers
President of the Wood Towing Company (Tugboats). Served on the Norfolk City Council (1926-1930, 1934-1944) and as Mayor (1940-1944) during World War II. Collection contains business papers, mayoral files, correspondence and the papers of his service on the Elizabeth River Tunnel Commission.
Randy Wright Papers
The Randy Wright collection contains documents related to his political career ranging from 1986-2010