Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
- Topic: Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century X
- Topic: Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century X
- Topic: School integration--Massive resistance movement X
- Topic: Race relations--History--20th century X
- Topic: Racism--Prevention X
- People/Organizations: Women's Council for Interracial Cooperation (Norfolk, Va.) X
Founded in 1945 as an interracial organization designed to address concerns with education, health, and housing among the Afro-American community in Norfolk. Predecessor to the Norfolk Human Relations Council. Includes correspondence, newspapers clippings, minutes, reports, pamphlets, and membership lists. Bulk of the organization’s records are in the archives at Norfolk State University.