Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
- Topic: Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century X
- Topic: Public schools--Virginia--Norfolk X
- Topic: School integration--Virginia--Norfolk--History--20th century X
- Topic: Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century X
- Topic: Physicians--Virginia--Norfolk X
- People/Organizations: Norfolk School Board (Norfolk, Va.) X
Pediatrician in Norfolk. Played central role in formation of Norfolk Committee for Public Schools, which opposed the closing of the city’s public schools during the desegregation crisis. Bulk of the material concerns the desegregation of Norfolk’s public schools.