Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
- Virginia--Politics and government 2
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Journalists--United States 1
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Yiddish 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 2
- Banks, Benjamin A. (1884-1974) 1
- Reilly, Thomas Joseph (1915-1976) 1
- Roberts, James W. (1891-1977) 1
Lawyer and prominent member of the Norfolk Jewish community. Served on the Norfolk Board of Aldermen (1908-1911) and in the Virginia House of Delegates (1911-1913). Active in local, state and national politics. Includes personal and political correspondence, scrapbooks, letters to the editor, and photographs.
Political correspondent for the Norfolk Ledger-Star and Norfolk Ledger-Dispatch for 26 years. Primarily newspaper columns from the Ledger-Star and background material used to research articles.
President and chairman of Henry B. Gilprin, a wholesale drug firm. Served in the General Assembly from 1948-1968, holding a powerful position on the Appropriations Committee. Served on the Norfolk Planning Commission. The bulk of the collection contains legislative correspondence from 1963-1964.