Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
- College administrators--United States 1
- Old Dominion University--Administrators 1
- Old Dominion University--Buildings and grounds 1
- United States. Navy--Officers 1
- Urban renewal--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- College of William and Mary. Norfolk Division 1
- Crenshaw, Francis N. (1922-2012) 1
- Crenshaw, Russell S. (1886-1975) 1
- Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority 1
- Old Dominion College 1
Francis N. Crenshaw was a member of Old Dominion University's Board of Visitors (1968-1976). Material relates to his service as member and rector of the Board. The collection also contains papers of his father, Captain Russell Crenshaw (1886-1975), that chiefly relate to his service in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
These papers documents the college’s early years as a two-year branch campus, the industrial training courses during World War II, the creation of the Evening College and Technical Institute, and its transition to an accredited university. Included in the records are correspondence, newspapers, reports, college histories, building plans, bulletins, course descriptions and syllabi, newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks.