Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
- Topic: Orchestral musicians--Virginia X
- Community Collections 2
- Diehn Composers Room Collection 1
- Arts--Virginia 1
- Orchestral music--Virginia 1
- Strikes and lockouts--United States--Orchestras 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- programs (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Symphony 2
- Diehn, Fr. L. (Friedrich Ludwig) (1910-1995) 1
- Reel, Thomas P. 1
This collection contains compositions, scores, programs, and other material created by or retained by F. Ludwig Diehn, a Norfolk, Virginia composer. Of particular note are the scores, sketches, and audio recordings of Diehn's work.
Tom Reel is a bassist and active member in the Virginia Symphony Orchestra and became a leading proponent for the musicians during the strike in 1988. This collection outlines the strike and its aftermath and incudes a scrapbook, newspaper articles, correspondence, and newsletters.
Consists of the Virginia Symphony Orchestra organizational archives, the Virginia Symphony Board archives, artifacts concerning premieres and other notable performances, and season programs.