Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
- Battle of, Galveston, Tex., 1863 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Hampton 1
- Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)--History, Military 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Assassination 1
- Old Dominion University--Faculty 1
- Sherman's March to the Sea 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Naval operations 1
- United States. Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands 1 ∧ less
- Hewins, Charles E. (1841-1927) 1
- Spencer, Warren 1
- United States. Army. Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 42nd 1
- Whittle family 1
Relates primarily to Captain Charles E. Hewins (1841-1927), a Union soldier who settled in Hampton, Virginia after the war. Contains correspondence, and Civil War military papers documenting his activities in the Civil War and Reconstruction.
This collection contains a draft and an original manuscript of the Whittle Papers, original letters, and photocopies of original documents (with transcriptions), notes, books, and a copy of a photograph of Lt. William Conway Whittle. The collection was assembled by Warren Spencer, professor of history at Old Dominion University.