Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
- Topic: United States--Politics and government--20th century X
- Community Collections 5
- University Archives 1
- Virginia--Politics and government 3
- Lectures and lecturing--Virginia--Norfolk--History--20th century 2
- Norfolk (Va.)--Intellectual life--20th century 2
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 2
- United States--Intellectual life--20th century 2
- Democratic Party (Va.) 1
- Middle East--Relations--United States. 1
- Northern Virginia sun 1
- United States--Foreign policy 1
- United States--Politics and government--21st century 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- Carter, Jimmy (1924-) 1
- Cooke, John Warren (1915-) 1
- Dalton, John N. 1
- Ford, Gerald R. (1913-2006) 1
- Hayakawa, S. I. (Samuel Ichiyé) (1906-1992) 1
- Howell, Henry E. (Henry Evans) (1920-1997) 1
- Johnson, Augustus C. (1914-2006) 1
- McCurdy, Dennis L. 1
- Miller, Andrew P. (Andrew Pickens) (1932-) 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous) (1913-1994) 1
- Norfolk Forum (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Phillips, George Conoly (1931-2020) 1
- Reagan, Ronald (1911-2004) 1
- Republican Party (U.S.) 1
- Robb, Charles S. (1913-2001) 1
- Robertson, Pat (1930-) 1
- Schrock, Edward L. (1941-) 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 1
- Whitehurst, G. William (1925-) 1
- World Affairs Council of Greater Hampton Roads 1 ∧ less
Writer for "The Northern Virginia Sun." A collection of columns written by Augustus C. Johnson from September 1970 through December 1971. The columns relate primarily to the politics of Virginia’s 10th congressional district. Personalities discussed in them include Joel T. Broyhill, Henry E. Howell, George Rawlings, Harry F. Byrd, Jr., William B. Spong, Linwood Holton and Mills Godwin.
Dennis McCurdy was a radio news broadcaster for WPMH News and Public Affairs. Contains reel to reel audiotapes of interviews, speeches, and events regarding politics.
Established in 1932, the Norfolk Forum is believed to be the oldest nonprofit, public lecture series in the U.S. The collection includes Forum business, history, events and event programs, speaker bios, promotional materials, photographs, oral histories, and video tapes of some of the speakers.
Contains the administrative records of the World Affairs Council of Greater Hampton Roads, a non-profit organization that promotes an interest in international affairs. The collection includes business papers, information on programs put on by the group, meeting minutes, photos, and correspondence.
This collection contains three scrapbooks featuring news articles, mostly from newspapers, written by Steven A. Yetiv, a professor in the Department of Political Science and Geography at Old Dominion University. Most of the articles are about United States and Middle East Relations during the Cold War and just before the September 11, 2001 terroriat attacks on the United States.