Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
- United States. Navy--History 2
- Amazon River--Discovery and exploration 1
- American Confederate voluntary exiles--Peru 1
- Chile--History--War with Spain, 1865-1866 1
- Confederate States of America. Navy 1
- Explorers--Peru 1
- Explorers--United States 1
- Families--Virginia--History--19th century 1
- Families--Virginia--History--20th century 1
- Iowa (Battleship) 1
- Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Peru. Marina 1
- Tennessee (Ironclad) 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Naval operations 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Galindo, Raymond 1
- Peruvian Hydrographical Commission of the Amazon 1
- Rose family 1
- Rose, Robert M. 1
- Sousa, John Philip (1854-1932) 1
- Tucker, John Randolph (1812-1883) 1
- Tunstall family 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Williamson, Thom (1833-1918) 1 ∧ less
The collection contains letters written by Raymond Galindo, of Staten Island, New York, to his parents while serving in the United States Navy in the post-World War II era. The letters discuss his day to day life in the Navy including training at Camp Peary, Virginia and working in the kitchen. Galindo eventually served on the USS Taconic (AGC-17) command ship. Most of the letters contain the original envelopes and two photographs are also included.
Business records and personal correspondence of four Norfolk families. Focal point is the papers of Commander Robert M. Rose.
Commander in the United States, Confederate States and Peruvian Navy. Papers deal primarily with his service as President of the Peruvian Hydrographical Commission of the Amazon. Spanish language materials predominate.
Engineer in United States Navy from 1853 until 1912, when he was relieved from active duty as a Chief Engineer with the rank of Rear Admiral. During the Civil War he served on the U.S.S. Hartford, the flagship of Rear Admiral David Farragut, and was present at the Battle of Mobile Bay in 1864. Collection consists of general correspondence, naval correspondence, diaries, and military papers from his service in the Navy.