Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
- Topic: World War, 1939-1945 X
- ODU Community Collections 7
- ODU University Archives 6
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 9
- World War, 1939-1945 8
- Old Dominion University--Faculty 3
- Artists--United States 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953--Veterans 2
- Old Dominion University--History 2
- United States. Navy--Officers 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- Admirals--United States 1
- Art historians--United States 1
- College administrators--United States 1
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- Legislators--United States 1
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 1
- Old Dominion University--Administrators 1
- Old Dominion University--Buildings and grounds 1
- Photographers--United States 1
- Political refugees--Haiti 1
- Rose Carida incident, May 14 1983 1
- United States--Politics and Government--1945-1989 1
- United States. Army. Infantry, 506th 1
- United States. Navy--History 1
- United States. Navy--Repair ships 1
- Urban renewal--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Veterans 1
- Virginia--Politics and government 1
- War artists--United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Veterans 1
- World War, 1939-1945--War work 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- College of William and Mary. Norfolk Division 2
- Old Dominion University. Department of Art 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Aison, Howard B. (Howard Bertram) (1920-1997) 1
- Ambrose, Herbert 1
- Ansel, Walter C. (1897-1977) 1
- Babalas, Peter K. (1922-1987) 1
- Blossom, Thomas (1912-1992) 1
- Crenshaw, Francis N. (1922-2012) 1
- Crenshaw, Russell S. (1886-1975) 1
- Dreyer, Wallace (1923-1995) 1
- Lesley, Everett Parker, Jr. (1913-1982) 1
- Norfolk Museum of Arts and Sciences (Va.) 1
- Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority 1
- Old Dominion College 1
- Old Dominion University 1
- Old Dominion University. Board of Visitors 1
- Old Dominion University. Department of History 1
- Southwood, Michael A. 1
- USS Vulcan (AR-5) 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Whitehurst, G. William (1925-) 1
- Williams, Arthur George 1
- Withers, George (1911-1959) 1
- Women in Navy Ships (WINS) 1 ∧ less
Howard Bertram Aison Papers
Aison was a career Army officer who served in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. This collection primarily relates to his service in these wars. Includes correspondence, photographs, citations, orders, diaries and recollections, unit histories, artifacts, and maps.
Herbert Ambrose Letters
The collection includes letters written by Sergeant Herbert Ambrose while he worked in the 506 United States Army Infantry Postal Unit during World War II. Most of the letters are written by Ambrose to his parents about his daily life from various locations throughout the war including Boston, Scotland, Southern England, France, and Germany.
Walter C. Ansel Papers
Collection deals primarily with Admiral Walter C. Ansel's research on German operations during World War III resulting in two books, Hitler Confronts England and Hitler and the Middle Sea. Of note is extensive correspondence with German officers, many of which are in German.
Peter Kostas Babalas Papers
Represented the 5th District in the Virginia State Senate from 1967-1987. Collection primarily relates to his service in the State Senate from 1972-1979.
Thomas Blossom Papers
The collection contains material related to the professional life of Thomas Blossom, a professor in the Department of History at Old Dominion University. The collection also contains some genealogy information on Blossom's family. An oral history with Thomas Blossom is available on the Old Dominion University Libraries Digital Collections website.
Francis N. Crenshaw Papers
Francis N. Crenshaw was a member of Old Dominion University's Board of Visitors (1968-1976). Material relates to his service as member and rector of the Board. The collection also contains papers of his father, Captain Russell Crenshaw (1886-1975), that chiefly relate to his service in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Wallace Dreyer Papers
Everett Parker Lesley, Jr. Papers
Collection consists of a large number of photo slides related to his expertise in Byzantine Art and Architecture, as well as printed material, documentation of travels abroad, correspondence and photographs.
Norfolk Division of the College of William and Mary and Old Dominion College Collection
These papers documents the college’s early years as a two-year branch campus, the industrial training courses during World War II, the creation of the Evening College and Technical Institute, and its transition to an accredited university. Included in the records are correspondence, newspapers, reports, college histories, building plans, bulletins, course descriptions and syllabi, newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks.
USS Vulcan (AR-5) Collection
Navy repair vessel. Served in both the European and Pacific theaters during World War II. Participated in the Occupation of Japan (1945-1946) and the Dominican Republic intervention (1965). Contains historical material, memorabilia, crew member recollections, press releases, newspaper clippings, and photographs.
G. William Whitehurst Papers
G. William Whitehurst was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives from Virginia’s Second District in 1968. Member of the House Armed Services Committee, Committee on Intelligence and Ethics Committee. Consists of nineteen bound Congressional dairies spanning from 1969 to 1986. Six scrap books consisting of newspaper clippings, magazines, pictures and other documents relating to Doctor William Whitehurst’s tenure in the House of Representatives.
Arthur George Williams Papers
The collection contains a black and white photograph of Arthur George Williams, Professor of Modern Languages at the Norfolk Division of the College of William and Mary, in his study as well as a letter written during World War II about giving guns from the war to a friend in the United States. It is unclear if the letter relates to Professor Williams.