Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
- People/Organizations: Virginia Symphony X
- Arts--Virginia 3
- Orchestral music--Virginia 3
- Orchestral musicians--Virginia 2
- Civic leaders--United States 1
- Physical therapists--United States 1
- Strikes and lockouts--United States--Orchestras 1
- Voluntarism--United States 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- programs (documents) 1 ∧ less
- American Physical Therapy Association 1
- Bader, Eleanor J. 1
- Beta Sigma Phi 1
- Delivering Inclusive Access to Disabled and Elderly Members (DIADEM) 1
- Foster Grandparent Program (U.S.) 1
- Greater Williamsburg Virginia Symphony Society 1
- National Easter Seal Society (U.S.) 1
- Reel, Thomas P. 1
- United States. Social Security Administration 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1
- Virginia Symphony Foundation 1
- Virginia Symphony League 1
- Virginia Symphony Society of Greater Williamsburg 1 ∧ less
Collection ID: MG 107
Abstract Chronicling the family and personal life, education, career, and community involvement of Eleanor J. Bader. Career includes work with the Delaware Curative Workshop, the National Easter Seal Society, and the Social Security Administration. Community involvment includes membership and volunteer work for the Virginia Opera, the Virginia Symphony, Cancer Care Foundation of Tidewater, WHRO, and many other professional and civic organizations in Virginia and Delaware. Materials in the collection...
Dates: circa 1922-2013, undated; Other: Date acquired: 04/10/2010
Collection ID: MG 124
Abstract Tom Reel is a bassist and active member in the Virginia Symphony Orchestra and became a leading proponent for the musicians during the strike in 1988. This collection outlines the strike and its aftermath and incudes a scrapbook, newspaper articles, correspondence, and newsletters.
Dates: 1986-2018, undated; Other: Date acquired: 03/26/2012
Collection ID: MG 81-B
Abstract The Virginia Symphony Foundation, provides financial support to the Virginia Symphony by administering funds and property for the benefit of the Virginia Symphony. Consists of bylaws, meeting minutes, and financial information.
Dates: 1987-2009, undated; Other: Date acquired: 04/02/2004
Collection ID: MG 81-C
Abstract Since 1927, the Virginia Symphony League supports and promotes the Virginia Symphony through fundraising and is considered a standing committee of the Virginia Symphony. Consists of administrative, board, and committee materials as well as information on publicity and fundraisers.
Dates: 1979-2016, undated; Other: Date acquired: 04/02/2004
Collection ID: MG 81-A
Abstract Consists of the Virginia Symphony Orchestra organizational archives, the Virginia Symphony Board archives, artifacts concerning premieres and other notable performances, and season programs.
Dates: 1921-2020, undated; Other: Date acquired: 04/02/2004
Collection ID: MG 81-D
Abstract The Virginia Symphony Society of Greater Williamsburg (VSSGW) was formed to encourage support for and enjoyment of the symphony in the Greater Williamsburg area. Consists of material related to the annual Beethoven Festival in Williamsburg and other events, administrative and committee material, and newsletters.
Dates: 1998-2009; Other: Date acquired: 04/02/2004