Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
- People/Organizations: Virginia. General Assembly X
- Virginia--Politics and government 12
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 5
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 4
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 3
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 3
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 3
- Virginia--Politics and government--1865-1950 3
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 2
- Equal rights amendments--United States 2
- School integration--Massive resistance movement 2
- Busing for school integration--Virginia 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Virginia Beach 1
- Democratic Party (Va.) 1
- Governors--Election--History--20th century 1
- Journalists--United States 1
- Judges--Virginia 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953--Veterans 1
- Ledger-star 1
- Norview High School (Norfolk, Va.)--Sports 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- United States--Politics and government--20th century 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute--Sports 1
- Virginia--Lieutenant-governors 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Yiddish 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. House of Delegates 9
- Virginia. General Assembly. Senate 4
- Howell, Henry E. (Henry Evans) (1920-1997) 2
- Babalas, Peter K. (1922-1987) 1
- Banks, Benjamin A. (1884-1974) 1
- Carter, Jimmy (1924-) 1
- Cooke, John Warren (1915-) 1
- Dalton, John N. 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical School 1
- Ford, Gerald R. (1913-2006) 1
- Harrison, Edythe C. (1934-) 1
- Hayakawa, S. I. (Samuel Ichiyé) (1906-1992) 1
- Howell, Elizabeth McCarty (1917-2005) 1
- McCurdy, Dennis L. 1
- McNamara, Thomas R. (1925-) 1
- Middleton, Beverly Randolph (1928-1996) 1
- Miller, Andrew P. (Andrew Pickens) (1932-) 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous) (1913-1994) 1
- Phillips, George Conoly (1931-2020) 1
- Reagan, Ronald (1911-2004) 1
- Reilly, Thomas Joseph (1915-1976) 1
- Robb, Charles S. (1913-2001) 1
- Roberts, James W. (1891-1977) 1
- Robertson, Pat (1930-) 1
- State Water Control Board (Va.) 1
- Stephens, Allie Edward Stokes (1900-1973) 1
- Virginia Municipal League 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia Port Authority 1
- Virginia. State Crime Commission 1
- Walker, Stanley Clay (1923-2001) 1
- White, J. Warren, Jr. (1916-1985) 1
- Whitehurst, G. William (1925-) 1 ∧ less
Represented the 5th District in the Virginia State Senate from 1967-1987. Collection primarily relates to his service in the State Senate from 1972-1979.
Lawyer and prominent member of the Norfolk Jewish community. Served on the Norfolk Board of Aldermen (1908-1911) and in the Virginia House of Delegates (1911-1913). Active in local, state and national politics. Includes personal and political correspondence, scrapbooks, letters to the editor, and photographs.
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.
Dennis McCurdy was a radio news broadcaster for WPMH News and Public Affairs. Contains reel to reel audiotapes of interviews, speeches, and events regarding politics.
Served in the Virginia General Assembly as a member of the House of Delegates (1968-1971) and the Senate (1972-1976). Consists of records of his service in the General Assembly, 1968-1976, including publications of state agencies and correspondence as member of the State Water Control Board.
Engineer and Virginia State Delegate. Served three terms in the Virginia House of Delegates. Most of the collection pertains to his political career. Also included is material related to his days as a student athlete at Norview High School and VPI.
Political correspondent for the Norfolk Ledger-Star and Norfolk Ledger-Dispatch for 26 years. Primarily newspaper columns from the Ledger-Star and background material used to research articles.
President and chairman of Henry B. Gilprin, a wholesale drug firm. Served in the General Assembly from 1948-1968, holding a powerful position on the Appropriations Committee. Served on the Norfolk Planning Commission. The bulk of the collection contains legislative correspondence from 1963-1964.
Served in both the House of Delegates (1929-1941) and the State Senate (1941-1952), and as Lieutenant Governor (1952-1961). Ran unsuccessfully for the Democratic nomination for Governor in 1961 against Albertis Harrison. Centers around this unsuccessful campaign and contains papers focusing on the issue of Massive Resistance to integration, dating to the early 1950s.
A collection containing 78 ¾ inch videotapes dating from January 13 to March 13, 1982, of the House of Delegates in session.
Served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1964 to 1971, and had been a State Senator since 1972. Papers chiefly relate to his service in the General Assembly, notably his service as Chairman of the State Crime Commission.
Represented Norfolk in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1962 to 1979. Includes legislative correspondence, records, and reference material relating to his service in the Virginia House of Delegates.