Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
- Topic: Mayors--Virginia--Norfolk X
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 3
- Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century 3
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 3
- Businessmen--Virginia--Norfolk 2
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Gynecologists--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Physicians--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- School integration--Massive resistance movement 1
- Virginia--Politics and government--1865-1950 1 ∧ less
- Andrews, Mason Cooke (1919-2006) 1
- Duckworth, W. Fred (1899-1972) 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical Authority 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical School 1
- Hill, Irvine B. (1927-) 1
- MacArthur Memorial 1
- MacArthur, Douglas 1
- Stanley, Thomas B. (Thomas Bahnson) (1890-1970) 1
- Wood, Joseph Downing (1867-1959) 1 ∧ less
Physician, former city council member and mayor of Norfolk. Served on Norfolk city council from 1974 to 2000 and as the city’s mayor from 1992-1994. Was instrumental in the development of the Eastern Virginia Medical School complex and the redevelopment of downtown Norfolk. The collection includes personal, business, and political papers.
Mayor of Norfolk (1950-1962). Collection consists of memorabilia, photographs, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and artifacts relating to his political, business and civic activities.
Irvine B. Hill has been a prominent broadcasting executive, politician, and civic leader in Norfolk, Virginia for over 40 years. This collection is made up of newspaper clippings during Hill’s time as Norfolk mayor and city councilman, as well as photographs, correspondence and scrapbooks.
President of the Wood Towing Company (Tugboats). Served on the Norfolk City Council (1926-1930, 1934-1944) and as Mayor (1940-1944) during World War II. Collection contains business papers, mayoral files, correspondence and the papers of his service on the Elizabeth River Tunnel Commission.