Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
- Topic: letters (correspondence) X
- Community Collections 6
- University Archives 4
- Diehn Composers Room Collection 1
- Old Dominion University--Faculty 3
- minutes (administrative records) 3
- Old Dominion University--History--20th century 2
- photographs 2
- African Americans--Education--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Arts--Virginia 1
- Arts--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) 1
- Battle of, Galveston, Tex., 1863 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Hampton 1
- Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)--History, Military 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Assassination 1
- Music--United States--20th century 1
- Nonprofit organizations--Virginia--Hampton Roads (Region) 1
- Norfolk (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Orchestral music--Virginia 1
- Orchestral musicians--Virginia 1
- Sherman's March to the Sea 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Naval operations 1
- United States. Army. Infantry, 506th 1
- United States. Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands 1
- United States. Navy--History 1
- United States. Navy--Officers 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 1
- administrative reports 1
- programs (documents) 1
- scores (documents for music) 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Ambrose, Herbert 1
- Burgess, Charles O. 1
- Coalition of Black Faculty and Administrators (CBFA) 1
- College of William and Mary. Norfolk Division 1
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads 1
- Galindo, Raymond 1
- Hewins, Charles E. 1
- Little Theatre (Norfolk, Va.) 1
- Old Dominion College 1
- Old Dominion University 1
- Old Dominion University. Masquers Group 1
- Old Dominion University. School of General Studies 1
- Old Dominion University. School of Sciences and Health Professions 1
- Spencer, Warren 1
- Stanger, Russell 1
- United States. Army. Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 42nd 1
- Virginia Symphony 1
- Whittle family 1 ∧ less
Collection ID: MG 133
Scope and Contents The collection includes letters written by Sergeant Herbert Ambrose while he worked in the 506 United States Army Infantry Postal Unit during World War II. Most of the letters are written by Ambrose to his parents about his daily life from various locations throughout the war including Boston, Scotland, Southern England, France, and Germany.
Dates: 1942-1945; Other: Date acquired: 08/24/2018
Collection ID: RG 5-1B1
Scope and Contents This collection includes programs, correspondence, audiovisual and other material related to Charles Burgess' involvement with the theater scene in Norfolk, Virginia. The bulk of the correspondence involves the Little Theatre and Norfolk Theatre. The collection also contains photographs and audiovisual material of various productions by the Masquers Group, a student theater organization at Old Dominion University. Theater programs related to productions on Broadway in the 1920s are also present...
Dates: circa 1925-2000, undated; Majority of material found within 1960-1980; Other: Date acquired: 05/17/2011
Collection ID: RG 36-3A
Scope and Contents This collection includes material related to the Coalition of Black Faculty and Administrators (CBFA), a faculty organization at Old Dominion University. The objective of the organization is to promote the recruitment and retention, promotion and tenure, and greater involvement of African American faculty and administrators in college life. The coalition also works to provide networking opportunities and a forum for African American issues. Included in the collection are minutes and agendas,...
Dates: circa 1986-2012, undated; Other: Date acquired: 04/21/2011
Collection ID: MG 120
Abstract The collection contains materials concerning the activities of the Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads, whose mission was to stimulate cultural vitality and to facilitate the development of healthy and dynamic cultural institutions throughout the region.. Records consist of reports, meeting minutes, grant applications and materials, correspondence, newspaper clippings, announcements, brochures, newsletters, directories, and photographs from 1972-2018.
Dates: circa 1972-2018, undated; Other: Date acquired: 09/11/2014
Collection ID: RG 22-1A
Scope and Contents This collection contains the records of the Dean of the School of Sciences and Health Professions. Prior to 1986, the records of both the College of Sciences and College of Health Sciences can be found in this collection. The records mostly consist of subject files pertaining to departmental correspondence, curricular activities, and correspondence with various science and health science professional organizations.
Dates: 1964-1980, undated; Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1977
Collection ID: MG 135
Scope and Contents The collection contains letters written by Raymond Galindo, of Staten Island, New York, to his parents while serving in the United States Navy in the post-World War II era. The letters discuss his day to day life in the Navy including training at Camp Peary, Virginia and working in the kitchen. Galindo eventually served on the USS Taconic (AGC-17) command ship. Most of the letters contain the original envelopes and two photographs are also included.
Dates: 1945-1949; Other: Date acquired: 04/09/2019
Collection ID: MG 26
Abstract Relates primarily to Captain Charles E. Hewins (1841-1927), a Union soldier who settled in Hampton, Virginia after the war. Contains correspondence, and Civil War military papers documenting his activities in the Civil War and Reconstruction.
Dates: 1856-1951, undated; Other: Date acquired: 03/10/1978
Collection ID: RG 21-1A
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, reports, publications, and other material pertaining to the School of General Studies at Old Dominion University.
Dates: circa 1950-1989, undated; Other: Date acquired: 06/30/1976
Collection ID: MG 121
Scope and Contents This collection contains a draft and an original manuscript of the Whittle Papers, original letters, and photocopies of original documents (with transcriptions), notes, books, and a copy of a photograph of Lt. William Conway Whittle. The collection was assembled by Warren Spencer, professor of history at Old Dominion University.
Dates: 1864-1988, undated; Other: Date acquired: 10/21/2014
Collection ID: DCR MG 2
Scope and Contents This collection contains scores, recordings, programs and publicity, correspondence, and other material related to composer Russell Stanger. Parts of the collection have been digitized and can be found on the Old Dominion University Libraries Digital Libraries website.
Dates: 1920-2008, undated; Other: Date acquired: 08/00/1994
Found in: Diehn Composers Room Collection
Collection ID: MG 81-A
Abstract Consists of the Virginia Symphony Orchestra organizational archives, the Virginia Symphony Board archives, artifacts concerning premieres and other notable performances, and season programs.
Dates: 1921-2020, undated; Other: Date acquired: 04/02/2004