Virginia Opera Association
- Existence: 1974-
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.
This collection contains the personal papers of Peter Mark, Founding General Director and Artistic Director of the Virginia Opera from 1974-2010. The collection includes the correspondence of Peter Mark as Artistic Director of the Virginia Opera, programs from Virginia Opera productions, administrative records of the Virginia Opera, and records pertaining to the International Opera Alliance (IOA) and the Lyric Opera of Virginia.
Consists of Virginia Opera programs, guides, newspaper clippings, magazine articles. Also includes administrative records, correspondence, audio-visual materials, artifacts, and posters.
- Civic leaders--United States 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Conductors (Music)--United States 1
- Docents, opera companies 1
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Harrison Opera House 1
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 1
- Musicians--United States 1
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 1
- Opera companies--Virginia 1
- Opera--Educational programs 1
- Physical therapists--United States 1
- Virginia--Politics and government 1
- Voluntarism--United States 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1 ∧ less