Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 2
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 2
- Virginia--Politics and government 2
- Virginia--Politics and government--1865-1950 2
- City council members--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Civic leaders--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Lawyers--Virginia--Norfolk 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1 ∧ less
- Yiddish 1
- Banks, Benjamin A. (1884-1974) 1
- Harrison, Edythe C. (1934-) 1
- Roberts, James W. (1891-1977) 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1
Lawyer and prominent member of the Norfolk Jewish community. Served on the Norfolk Board of Aldermen (1908-1911) and in the Virginia House of Delegates (1911-1913). Active in local, state and national politics. Includes personal and political correspondence, scrapbooks, letters to the editor, and photographs.
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.
President and chairman of Henry B. Gilprin, a wholesale drug firm. Served in the General Assembly from 1948-1968, holding a powerful position on the Appropriations Committee. Served on the Norfolk Planning Commission. The bulk of the collection contains legislative correspondence from 1963-1964.