Virginia Beach Resorts Research Collection
This research collection contains photocopies of newspaper articles related to Seaview and other African American beach resorts, Seashore State Park, and Dudley Cooper, who operated both Ocean View Amusement Park and Seaview Beach and Amusement Park. Any copies made from the collection are for research purposes only.
0.2 Linear Feet
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers without restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from Special Collections and University Archives, and the holder of the copyright, if not Old Dominion University Libraries.
Language of Materials
The material in the collection was collected by Sherry Dibari as part of her research into the African American resorts in Virginia Beach. Dibari then gave her research to Special Collections and University Archives in 2021.
The collection was minimally processed by Kathleen Smith, Special Collections Metadata Specialist, in August 2021.
- African Americans--Segregation
- Amusement parks--Virginia--Princess Anne County--History
- Amusement parks--Virginia--Virginia Beach--History
- Seashore State Park and Natural Area (Va.)
- Seaside resorts--Virginia--Princess Anne County
- Seaside resorts--Virginia--Virginia Beach
- clippings (information artifacts)
- A Guide to the Virginia Beach Amusement Park Research Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.