Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
- Equal rights amendments--United States 2
- Hampton Roads (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Legislators--Virginia--Hampton Roads 1
- Norfolk (Va.)--Politics and government--20th century 1
- Women legislators--Virginia 1
- Eastern Virginia Medical School 1
- Harrison, Edythe C. (1934-) 1
- Virginia Opera Association 1
- Virginia Port Authority 1
- Virginia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Virginia. State Crime Commission 1
- Walker, Stanley Clay (1923-2001) 1
- White, J. Warren, Jr. (1916-1985) 1 ∧ less
Edythe C. Harrison Papers
Member of the Virginia House of Delegates (1979-1982), founder and president of the Virginia Opera Association, and unsuccessful candidate for United States Senator in 1984 against incumbent Republican, Senator John Warner. The first woman in Virginia nominated by the Democratic Party for statewide office. Collection primarily relates to her activities in politics and the 1984 Senatorial campaign.
Stanley Clay Walker Papers
Served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1964 to 1971, and had been a State Senator since 1972. Papers chiefly relate to his service in the General Assembly, notably his service as Chairman of the State Crime Commission.
J. Warren White, Jr. Papers
Represented Norfolk in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1962 to 1979. Includes legislative correspondence, records, and reference material relating to his service in the Virginia House of Delegates.