William Stoney Papers
Scope and Contents
The bulk of the materials in the William Stoney Papers represent his work as an active composer. The materials include working sketches and sketchbooks and original compositions in various points of the publishing process. Other materials included in the collection relate to Stoney’s teaching and performance activities. Additional scope and content notes providing further detail can be found at the series level.
- Other: Date acquired: 10/00/1999
- Stoney, William (1920-2014) (Person)
4.00 Linear Feet
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers without restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from Special Collections and University Archives, and the holder of the copyright, if not Old Dominion University Libraries.
Language of Materials
This collection has been arranged into the following series: Series I: Personal Performance Materials; Series II: Personal Interest/Reference Materials; Series III: Teaching Materials and University Affiliations; Series IV: Sketches and Working File; and Series V: Original Compositions.
Source of Acquisition
Accruals and Additions
An additional gift was made by Ann Stoney in 2009.
The addition to this collection was processed by Jessica Mirasol in October 2009.
- Acoustic guitar
- Baritone (Musical instrument)
- Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)
- Music--United States--20th century
- Old Dominion University
- Organ (Musical Instrument)
- String quartet
- Vocal Music--20th century
- Wind quintets (Bassoon, Clarinet, Flute, Horn, Oboe)--20th century
- A Guide to the William Stoney Papers
- Jessica Mirasol in November 2009.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.