Allan Blank Papers
Scope and Contents
The Allan Blank Papers consist primarily of scores (mainly in manuscript and facsimile formats) and materials related directly to his significant compositions and published materials, including programs, reviews and recordings. His compositions encompass a wide range of instrumentation and format. His works include pieces for a solo instrument, full orchestra, chamber ensemble, voice, music for children, and opera. Materials in this collection also document some of Mr. Blank’s personal and professional interests.
- 1958-2009, undated
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1999
- Blank, Allan (1925-2013) (Person)
62.30 Linear Feet
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers without restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from Special Collections and University Archives, and the holder of the copyright, if not Old Dominion University Libraries.
Language of Materials
This collection has been organized into seven series: Series I: Original Compositions; Series II: Sketches and Sketchbooks; Series III: Correspondence; Series IV: Programs; Series V: Publicity; Series VI: Personal and Professional Reference Materials; and Series VII: Videos and Recordings.
Physical Access Requirements
Original reel to reel recordings are not available for use.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
Accruals and Additions
Additions were made in 2000, 2009, and 2010.
The collection was processed by Jessica Mirasol in 2010.
- American String Teachers Association
- Association for the Promotion of New Music
- Blank, Allan (1925-2013)
- Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)
- Music--United States--20th century
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Old Dominion University
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Richmond (Va.)
- Virginia Commission on the Arts
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Music Educators Association
- Vocal Music--20th century
- A Guide to the Allan Blank Papers
- Jessica Mirasol in January 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.