Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
- People/Organizations: Old Dominion University. Department of Music X
- Educational broadcasting 1
- Music broadcasts 1
- Old Dominion University--Faculty 1
- Old Dominion University--History 1
- Old Dominion University. Dialogue radio broadcasts 1
- Radio in higher education 1
- Radio talk shows 1
- Virginia Bicentennial Parade of American Music 1 ∧ less
- Old Dominion University 2
- Old Dominion University. Office of Information Services 1
- Old Dominion University. Office of the Vice President for University Advancement 1
- Vogan, Charles E. 1
Collection ID: RG 17-6A
Scope and Contents The collection contains programs, annual reports, handbooks and other material related to the Old Dominion University Department of Music. The department became the F. Ludwig Diehn School of Music in 2019, but the bulk of the records are from when they were a department.
Collection ID: RG 6-4E
Abstract During the 1970’s, Old Dominion University (ODU) created and broadcasted radio “dialogues,” which consisted of taped public service interviews. The interviews covered on a wide range of topics, such as campus-related issues, the economy, every-day living, and problems over-seas. The segments were recorded on reel-to-reel audio tapes and each one was roughly half-an-hour long. Most of the interviews were done with professors from Old Dominion University, or neighboring schools and programs.
Dates: 1974-1980; Other: Date acquired: 12/11/1981
Collection ID: RG 17-6B2
Scope and Contents The collection contains material related to the Music Club at the Norfolk Division of the College of William and Mary and Old Dominion University collected by music professor Dr. Charles E. Vogan. Included in the collection are music programs, invitations, sponsors, meeting minutes, budgets, correspondence and new clippings concerning the arts.
Dates: 1948-1975, undated; Other: Date acquired: 03/03/1976