Contemporary Composers Collection
Collection ID: DCR PC 1
Scope and Contents
This collection is made up of unpublished new music scores and recordings. The collection promotes new music through performance and actively pursues donations. Portions of the Contemporary Composers Collection have been digitized and are available in the Old Dominion University Libraries Digital Collections.
- Other: Majority of material found in 1981-2002, undated
- Other: Date acquired: 05/00/2011
6.00 Linear Feet
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers without restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from Special Collections and University Archives, and the holder of the copyright, if not Old Dominion University Libraries.
Language of Materials
Materials are arranged in alphabetical order by composer's last name.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
New music composers are contacted and encouraged to donate copies of their unpublished materials only.
Accruals and Additions
Additions to this collection are made on an ongoing basis by several donors.
This collection was processed by Jessica Mirasol in 2011.
- Gottschalk, Arthur (Gottschalk, Arthur William) (Person)
- Anderson, Allen (Allen L.) (Person)
- Caldwell, James (Person)
- Davis, Douglas (Person)
- Diemer, Emma Lou (Person)
- Fornuto, Donato D. (Person)
- Healey, Derek (Person)
- Jex, David (Person)
- Kasparov, Andrey (Person)
- Klein, Joseph (Person)
- Lieuwen, Peter (Person)
- Macbride, David (Person)
- Newmark, Jonathan (Person)
- Snyder, Randall (Person)
- Sochinski, James Richard (Person)
- Vanneschi, Luca (Person)
- Old Dominion University. Libraries. F. Ludwig Diehn Composers Room (Organization)
- A Guide to the Contemporary Composers Collection
- Jessica Mirasol
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.