Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
- People/Organizations: Old Dominion University. Department of English X
- Creative writing 3
- Old Dominion University--Faculty 3
- Festivals in literature 2
- Book reviewers 1
- Dictionary of American Regional English 1
- Linguistic atlas of the United States and Canada 1
- Old Dominion University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Old Dominion University--History 1
- Poets, American--20th century 1
- Writing 1 ∧ less
- Old Dominion University 2
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs 1
- Burton, Elizabeth Ann (1958-1990) 1
- Old Dominion University. Department of Women's Studies 1
- Old Dominion University. Libraries 1
- Old Dominion University. Literary Festival 1
- Old Dominion University. Women's Caucus 1
- Raisor, Phillip (1938-) 1
- Rhodes, Carolyn H. (1925-2019) 1
- Richards, Jeffrey H. (1948-2011) 1
- Tunstall, Caroline Heath (1911-1979) 1 ∧ less
Associated Writers Program Records
The collection contains brochures, newsletters, job listings and degree catalogs pertaining to the Associated Writers Program and their connection to Old Dominion University. The Associated Writers Program attempted to aid writers through contests based on poetry, nonfiction, novel and short fiction. The collection holds several brochures announcing the winner’s names and published work.
Elizabeth Ann Burton Papers
This collection includes letters as well as typed and handwritten drafts of poetry written by Elizabeth Ann Burton, a faculty member at Old Dominion University. Included are the original manuscripts for Burton’s published book of poetry, Waiting for the Messiah, as well as the draft of a second book, which was never published.
Department of English Records
Old Dominion University Department of English Records contains reports, memos, newsletters, and dialect research and survey forms, dated circa 1934-1990.
Literary Festival Collection
This collection contains material from the Poetry Jam and first Literary Festival in 1978 and chronicles the annual Literary Festival onwards to the present day. Materials consist of original and digitized brochures, flyers, and promotional documents; schedules; news clippings; photos; and original and digitized video, as available.
Phillip Raisor Papers
This collection contains material created and collected by Phillip Raisor, a professor in the English Department at Old Dominion University. Included in the collection are material related to the Literary Festival at Old Dominion and personal essays written by Raisor.
Carolyn Rhodes Papers
Dr. Rhodes was an English and Women's Studies professor at Old Dominion University. The collection includes course descriptions, grant reports, meeting minutes from various women's groups, information pertaining to the Title IX hearings, books, journal articles, newspaper clippings, newsletters and photographs.
Jeffrey Richards Papers
This collection documents the professional life of Jeffrey Richards and his development of the English Department at Old Dominion University.